Hilton Honors serves 5,000 hotels globally, under 14 brands - Waldorf-Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacation, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Canopy, Curio, Tru, Tapestry Collection and Home2Suites.
There are three status tiers of Hilton Honors:
- Silver - Achieved through 4 stays or 10 nights. You can also receive Silver status for taking out the Barclays Hilton Honors Reward credit card.
- Gold - Achieved through 20 stays, 40 nights or 75,000 Hilton Honors Base Points. You also receive Gold by spending £10,000 in one year on the Barclays Hilton Honors Reward credit card or having the American Express Platinium charge card.
- Diamond - Achieved through 30 stays, 60 nights or 120,000 Hilton Honors Base Points.
Eligible Diamond members may choose to extend their status for an additional year beyond the expiration date, one-time, for any reason.
Eligible members are defined as:
- Diamond status that expires on March 31, 2018.
- Three total years at Diamond status (years do not have to be consecutive).
- At least 250 nights (paid or reward) or 500,000+ earned Base Points since joining Hilton Honors.
For more information and to apply for the Diamond status extention, click here.
The benefits for each status level include:
|Elite Status Bonus||15%||25%||50%|
|5th Night Free|
|Complimentary Bottles of Water|
|free Continental Breakfast3|
|Free Highspeed Internet|
|Guaranteed Lounge Access|
|48h Room Guarantee4|
1 Where requested and subject to availability.
2 Often to the ‘best’ room in the same category for Gold status.
3 At most brands
4 Restrictions apply on guaranteed availability.
Suite upgrades are not an elite benefit
The full table of elite benefits can be found here.
Interestingly reward stays do count towards earning status
Hilton Honors is the only hotel program that lets you earn both hotel points and airmile with the same stay.
Points can be collected in the following combinations:
- 10 Hilton Honor base points + 5 bonus Hilton Honor points for every US$1.
- 10 Hilton Honor base points + 1 - 2 Airmiles for every US$1
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles can be collected at a rate of 2 points per US$1 of spending. Avios earns less, BA gives 1 point per US$1, Iberia Plus gives 1.5 points per US$1 however, points are capped, so for more expensive stays BA avios is better.
Full details of how points are collected can be found here.
Hilton regulaly offers additional points through their promotional offers. Members can currently earn double points with each stay. For more information on this promotion, click here.
Currently, the number of points required for a redemption, is based on the cash price of each hotel. As a result the 'pence per point' value varies between 0.33p to 0.45p.
By offering redemptions in this way, Hilton Honors has made it possible to combine any amount of points (in 1000 point increments) with cash when seeking a redemption. With the 5th night free for status members effectively serving as a 20% discount.
As well as providing the opportunity of collecting additional airmile with every booking, Hilton Honors also enables you to transfer points into a range of different airmile schemes including BA and Virgin. As always with these transfers, the rates are pretty dismal at 10:1 for BA and 7:1 for Virgin.